Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 2: A Rose For Emily

We were asked to "highlight beautiful language and or imagery" the wise words of Mr. Allen room 547. In a Rose for Emily I highlighted a sentence that I could clearly see in my head and feel with the prove of some goosebumps. "As they recrossed the lawn, a window that had been dark was lighted and Miss Emily sat in it, the light behind her, and her upright torso motionless as that of an idol. They crept quietly across the lawn and into the shadow of the locusts that lined the street." This I see clearly. I see this clearly because growing up I would drive down my street and when it was dark the third house down had a room. The red room I'd call it. This guy would put on his hood, and stare out the window with a red light in the background. My mom would always make sure to drive extra slow by his house just to scare me even more. The same creepy feeling is get everytime I drove by the red room I got when I read this sentence from A Rose For Emily. 

2 comments:

  1. I like your style of writing. The humor throughout makes it more enjoyable to read. Also, I like your text to self comparison because it is interesting to read stories from peers that get you thinking. When you speak of the red room, it is clearly illustrated in my mind. Good descriptive imagery. Here is my blog

    http://ElephantPrince.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom would drive extra slow?! Not cool!

    Great post, Lily.

    ReplyDelete