Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Extra Credit Post: A Devil Inside

Okay, first off I wanna go and say that i'm not quite sure what this blog post is supposed to be about because schoology is down, which is very unfortunate; but here goes nothing. This past weekend I attended Pomona Catwalk Theatre Company's "A Devil Inside" and quite honestly it blew my mind. It was one of those plays where you like sit up on the stage and they actors preform like two feet in front of you, gah its awesome. The first part, or is it called act? Not sure, but the part before intermission was kind of just a set up or a foreshadow. You could tell by the end of the first part that all the characters had to fit together somehow because in the begining it seemed like three different stories were occurring. The audience was somewhat thrown in blind and didn't know how any of the characters were related. In all honesty for most of the first act I was confused, but ya know I think I was supposed to be. The second act is where it all came together, or all fell apart in context. The second act made my confusion in the first act disapear which is why I was so compelled during the second half, all my questions were answers and more things unfolded as we went along. It was just thing after thing after thing, he's her brother, but this guy was in love with the professor, oh but so was she, but no she was married to him, and no he hit him with a car, she killed his dad, three of the people have less then 2 feet, OH MY GOSH IT IS JUST CRAZY! SO CRAZY! And yes I know that that last sentence makes no sense to you if you didnt see this play but thats just stratching the surface my friend, I mean this play was crazy! But crazy in a good way. All of the actors preformed stellar. You can really tell that they love to be on stage, and that they just really love what they do. Mad respect for all theatre kids. And a special shoutout to Erin and Briaunna, both in my 6th hour you guys did so great! So really all im saying is that you never know anything until the end, trust no one, and uh keep both of your feet in tact? Awesome play! I reccomend seeing any play here at Pomona, those kids work hard! You won't be disapointed!

1 comment:

  1. Dang this makes me wish I went to see the show. I love the idea of giving the audience the pieces then showing how they fit together.

    ReplyDelete