Thursday, December 10, 2015

Blog Post #9 Reference



I referenced my good friend Mallie Bruce for this weeks peer reference post. Im sure she will be honored :) I am referencing her college essay. Knowing Mallie, I knew she would write about her passion, cross-country. However, even if I didn't know Mallie I would still understand that this is a race, I applaud her for that. After reading this post, I felt empowered; hopefully that was Mallie's intentions! The grit of a race was clearly shown throughout this essay, and even more so the power to get through tough times was made apparent. I find this very important. Of course explain to your audience the rough patch, but highlight on how you get through them, this is what Mallie did. 

As an essay as a whole, it is metaphorical. Metaphorical essays are the types of essays I enjoy the most. I find them the easiest to relate to, and to understand. As a reader I related to Mallie's ideas, I know the hardships of an athlete, and the pressures of leading a team. Mallie went further and compared these emotions to life. And because of that I felt empowered as I mentioned before.

Props to Mallie Bruce. Great essay. If I read this as a college accept-er lady person; oh, you'd be in my college in a heart beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment