Thursday, December 10, 2015

Blog Post #19: Reflection Blog

Gatsby Socratic Seminar:

In all honesty, Socratic seminars and CCCRs, and such just really make me nervous. So overall reflecting on my performance of the Gatsby Seminar, I think I made some good points; however no where close to where I want to be in Socratic Seminars. I really have good things to say, but I just freeze, I feel weird hopping in, I feel weird starting conversations, I just feel weird. A point I really wanted to talk about that people only briefly touched on was Fitzgerald's use of colors. The whole novel I pictured these colors, I associated them with each character, I just found them really symbolic. Daisy in particular. She is represented with white, to display luxury or innocence. Gatsby is represented with gold. I find it super creative of Fitzgerald because a Daisy on the outside is white, on the inside is gold. Maybe Daisy's heart really wanted Gatsby. Anyway, when thinking about my seminar I need to take initiative and get out of my comfort zone, I know I have good things to say, I just don't say them. I really want to improve in my participation, as well as my shyness. I need to come out of my shell a little more and share my ideas and thoughts with the class. I think my best option is to start off the seminar, make the opening remark. Once I get it going, I think Ill be more comfortable for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment