Friday, December 11, 2015

Blog Post #15

Gatsby's Encounter W/ Nick

First off these passages show that Gatsby really truly loves Daisy. He wants to prove to people wrong, he wants to win Daisy's heart. I wouldn't necessarily say that Gatsby is misusing the past. His past with Daisy obviously was something very special. It's his motive, he cannot simply forget about it, or even lie to himself. What happen in the past with Daisy, is what Gatsby wants for the rest of his life. A person cannot be confused about strong feelings like those. However, maybe just maybe he is misusing his past. Daisy is with another man, people do change, and Gatsby fell in love with Daisy when he was at war. Years and years later he mourns for that Daisy. But that Daisy, is not the same Daisy today. I would not say that Gatsby's quest is hopeless. He loves Daisy with his whole heart, his whole life is devoted to making her fall in love with him. There is hope, Daisy and Gatsby have been with each other before; Gatsby is just fighting to feel that again. So, can a person repeat the past? I don't know. Part of me says yes, you have been there before you know what you need to do, and what need to happen to relive it. But, part of me says no. The past is in the past, everything changes and you cannot relive the same moment in your life. So I mean following my previous thoughts, I restate my opinion; to you cannot repeat the past. Similar things can occur, but never the same thing.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lily! I disagree with you on a very large scale (love you). I disagree so much that I made my post #18 about it.

    Happy Blogging!

    http://romelnotrommel.blogspot.com/2015/12/blog-post-18-peer-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lil don't listen to Romel, shes a silly girl, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil don't listen to Romel, shes a silly girl, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete